Thursday, August 23, 2012

Miniature Creations

My son, Ethan, is starting kindergarten on Monday. Last night, we had a back to school (or, in our case, a welcome to school) picnic. The families were asked to bring a dessert. So, what do you think I made? That's right-brownies...no wait, that's not right! Yes, I made cupcakes. But as I thought about what flavor to make, it dawned on me that I could take this opportunity to try a different aspect of cupcake-making. Since I wanted to share my dessert with as many people as possible, I decided to make mini-cupcakes. And I picked one of my favorite flavors-my snickerdoodle cucpakes.
These were so cute and they were so much fun to make. I actually only have one mini-muffin pan, so it was kinda taking me forever to bake these. I ended up doing two batches of mini-cupcakes, then making regular sized cupcakes with the remaining batter. Here are the "mommy and baby" cupcakes...

Anyway, I just wanted to share a fun variation of the traditional cupcake. It really doesn't matter the size, these were delicious and fun to share. If you want to make these yourself, just use my Snickerdoodle cupcake recipe (http://yellowrosescupcakes.blogspot.com/2012/06/as-mother-of-three-wonderful-kids-we.html). However, when baking them, only bake for 13 minutes and you will have a yummy mini-treat!
Tip of the Blog:
Once your cupcakes are done baking, take them out and let them cool for no more than a couple of minutes, then remove them to finish cooling on a cooling rack. If you keep them in the baking pans too long, they will continue to bake and could dry out. If you need to cool them fast, stick them in the fridge or freezer and they will be ready sooner.
Next post: how to mold chocolate to decorate your cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment