Monday, September 3, 2012

Back to School with some PB & J

My son, Ethan, started Kindergarten this past week.  It is sad that my little boy is old enough to start elementary school!  To get in the school mood, a couple of weeks ago I decided to make a Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcake, what's more back-to-school than that?!  Take a look at my yellow cupcake with strawberry center and peanut butter frosting creation (complete with strawberry syrup drizzle!)...
Part of the reason I made these particular cupcakes is I have been trying all different vanilla cupcake recipes to find the most moist and delicious, and I think the recipe I used here is my winner.  To complete the cupcake, I made a strawberry jam (because nothing is store-bought if I can help it) center with cream cheese peanut butter frosting and, as I said before, a strawberry syrup drizzle (again, homemade).  The first bite into these cupcakes was like taking a bite of a gourmet PB & J sandwich! 
The strawberry jam center is sweet and works perfectly with the vanilla cupcake!
I made the frosting with cream cheese to cut down on the sweetness, but it was still a very indulgent topping to this cupcake!
I think these cupcakes would be great for a kid's birthday party, or a end of the summer picnic!
 
Tip of the Blog:
When using a filling for a cupcake, make sure both the cupcakes and the filling are cooled completely before filling the cupcakes.  Otherwise, you might end up with a soggy mess!
 
I have some exciting news-I am in the planning phase of starting my very own cupcake business!  It will be an Internet-based business for the time being, with the goal to expand to farmers' markets and a store-front as the demand grows.  I would love to share my cupcake creations with you and your friends, so I will let you know when my business officially opens!!




No comments:

Post a Comment