Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Little Piece of Heaven

I tried making an angel food cake once.  Yeah...let's just say it was NOT a success.  I have been intimidated ever since.  But with Valentine's Day just around the corner, I have been trying to come up with some delicious recipes to share.  I know I am going to make something with chocolate, because nothing says Valentine's Day like chocolate.  However, I kept coming back to Angel food cupcakes.  So, I went for the plunge and tried a new recipe-Angel Food Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream.  These little babies are literally a piece of Heaven-so light and sweet.  I think they will be a great alternative for those folks who don't like chocolate.

I opted for strawberry buttercream because it just seemed like the indulgent thing to do! However, I have a feeling some strawberry whipped cream would be just as yummy (and maybe a little easier on the waistline!)



 
This was literally the lightest and fluffiest batter!  It became a cloud of goodness as the egg whites were whipped
Just look at them baking to perfection!
 
*Sigh* So good. The only thing that could make this better is this...


 



For the month of February, orders of these delicious angel food cupcakes will include a chocolate-covered strawberry garnish. If you weren't sold before, you should be now!

I am still working on that gluten-free cupcake for all of you that have been waiting.  The big reveal will be coming!  Also, as I said before, I have a special chocolate treat for Valentine's Day in the works. Check back in the next day or so for a post about it!  So, share with your special someone something a little different than chocolates and flowers (or maybe use this as a hint for your own treat!).

Tip of the Blog:
The recipe I use for these cupcakes called for super fine sugar.  A simple way to make your own super fine sugar is to put granulated sugar into a food processor and grind it for about 2 minutes. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment